Huge demand for this pesto recipe!
I put the pesto over some zucchini noodles that were topped with sautéed onions, garlic and portobello mushrooms…super delicious!
So here it is:
Kale & Walnut Pesto Recipe
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (I just threw in 1 lemon with the peel)
- 4 cloves of garlic (I’m a big garlic fan)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp basil or better yet 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups of fresh Kale leaves (well rinsed)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup awesome olive oil (can use veggie broth or water instead)
- I used my favorite appliance…my Vitamix. You can use any food processor to do it though.
- Put everything into the Vitamix in the order above and turn it on the variable 4.
- You’ll need to move it around using the tamper.
- Blend it up to whatever consistency you’re after!
Hope you enjoy this pesto!
~ Plant Trainers