We love adding fresh herbs to our food. Eating a clean and healthy diet means a lot of preparing, a lot of organizing, a lot of will power and of course, a lot of time! Cleaning herbs for each recipe can be a big job. The worst is when you find a bag of parsley at the back of the crisper drawer and it looks like brown mud. How can this be avoided? I’m glad you asked.
The more time I spend cooking the less time I spend playing with my kids and the more I hear them whining. The longer a recipe takes, the less likely I am to make it. But I WANT to make recipes with more than 5 ingredients (sometimes). What’s a home chef to do?
Here are a few ideas to help you and your herbs stay happier:
It’s fragrant, green and can protect against free radicals and carcinogens.
To help your dill last longer and always have some ready for recipes try this:
1. Rinse and dry your dill. Allow it to sit out on a clean towel for an hour or so. With a little knife, or your fingers, pull off the wispy leaves and discard the stems.
2. Pack it away into a plastic zip bag or a reusable container and freeze. You can even use a small jar.
3. When the time comes to add dill to dressings, soups or grilled veggies crunch up the dill in the storage container and measure away. Depending how much dill you use, it can last you two months or more!! (Discard after 6 months.)
Be it curly or flat it is more than just a garnish. It’s high in calcium, vitamin C and iron. A tasty addition to green salads, sandwiches and bean salads.
I buy a big bunch of parsley every few weeks and I make sure I really get my money’s worth.
1. Rinse the parsley well, cut the leaves off the stem and place in the salad spinner or pat it dry with a clean kitchen towel.
2. Line an airtight storage container with paper towel and place the parsley inside.
3. Your parsley is now ready to be added to everything and will last longer!
I hope these helpful herby hints can help you save money and time!
Add healthy fresh herbs to all you meals!
If you have any neat tricks or tips to share, please let us know in the comments below!
~ Plant Trainers
Don’t forget to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your question for our “Hey Plant Trainers” segment!
Do you want to create lifelong healthy eating habits for you or your family? Are you looking to help prevent heart disease, cancer and chronic diseases? Are you looking for guidance with your plant-based nutrition? We can help. If you are serious about getting results, you may be eligible for a FREE 30-minute Skype or phone consultation, where we can help you with your goals NOW. Easily book your session HERE.
Subscribe to Adam’s Journey by clicking here.
We hope you enjoyed this podcast! Please take a moment and leave us a rating and review over on iTunes – we would be grateful! This will help get our podcast out to others who may enjoy it. We promise to read your reviews and consider your feedback. This show is for you.
Help us by spreading the news about our totally awesome Podcast!
Click here for a list of our services