This chocolate chip cake is vegan & gluten free
- 2-2.5 cups of soaked chickpeas (24hrs), boiled with Kombu (1.5hrs),
- drained & rinsed chickpeas (or use 2 well-rinsed cans of chickpeas = 500g total)
- 1 cup rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp banana mush (can use coconut oil or vegetable oil)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup carob chips
- Blend everything (except the chips) well in a food processor.
- Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled 8-inch cake pan.
- Cook at 350F for around 35-40 minutes.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes.
Very yummy chocolate chip cake & you’ll never know it was made without flour and made with chickpeas and carob chips!