In today’s episode of The Plant Trainers Podcast we talk to Scott David, a retired undercover investigator for Compassion Over Killing. That’s right, Scott is like a real life livestock James Bond! We discuss the whole process of how he actually went undercover, to what he did and saw while under employment in various slaughterhouses around the country. Scott also shares how he uses the footage to exploit the cruel practices that he witnesses.
Scott began cutting animal products out of his diet in 2010. After getting his master’s degree in Applied Ecology, he joined an after school education program where he taught students about animals and the environment. He then worked for two years as an undercover investigator for Compassion Over Killing. During this time, he conducted investigations in three different slaughterhouses: Mountaire Farms in North Carolina, Quality Pork Processors in Minnesota, and Superior Farms in California. Now retired from the field, Scott spends his time offering support to Compassion Over Killing’s current investigators.
In this episode we discuss:
- Compassion Over Killing
- Getting into animal protection
- Applying for a job in a slaughterhouse
- Who’s applying for these jobs
- Fitting in
- Being scared of being found out
- What’s really happening to the animals
- What legislation is in place to protect the animals in the slaughterhouses
- Who’s really responsible for the abuse
- How does it affect workers psychologically
- What happens with the information in the investigations
- His biggest successes
- Ag-gag laws
- Quality of meat and cutting corners
- Pork slaughter facility, investigation and Himp
- Actionable tips for helping fight against animal agriculture cruelty
Links to things we mentioned:
WARNING – GRAPHIC CONTENT IN THESE VIDEOS:
Support Compassion Over Killing
Thank you to this month’s Patrons for supporting us on Patreon:
Mary Lou Fusi
Don’t forget to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your question for our Plant Trainers Facebook Lives!
We hope you enjoyed this podcast! Please take a moment and leave us a rating and review over on Apple Podcasts – we would be grateful! This will help get our podcast out to others who may enjoy it. We promise to read your reviews and consider your feedback. This show is for you.
Please subscribe to The Plant Trainers Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeart Radio or Player.FM so you will know when we release a new episode. We’re also available to Listen on Google Play Music!
Help us by spreading the news about our totally awesome Podcast!
Click here for a list of our services