In this episode we talk to Tara Newman about what it’s like to be the partner of an endurance athlete. Tara helps smart successful people achieve their big life and business goals without losing their sanity, family and health. She works with clients one-on-one as well as in her small group coaching program titled “From Stuck to Unstoppable”. She also has a business blog, Family Sport Life. Tara is the mom of two and the Sherpa-Wife of an Ironman triathlete. Shush and Tara spill the beans of the good, the bad and the ugly on what really goes into supporting a partner and helping to get them through that Ironman finish line. This is a great show to share with anyone who may be going through the same experience. We love Tara’s tagline: Love deeper, play bigger, and live better.
In this episode we discuss:
- Our quote of the day: “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” ~ Audrey Hepbern
- Personal performance coaching by Tara Newman
- The role of a sherpa
- Making life work during Ironman training
- Personal goal setting
- Food preparation ideas
- Communication is the key!
- Taking care of yourself
- Post Ironman blues
- Words of wisdom for the Ironman’s partner/supporters
- Suzanne’s Question: Hey Plant Trainers, My husband recently got into long distance biking. He has signed up for a two day race. He trains a lot and I know it will only get longer. I can’t help feel jealous of the time he gets to spend exercising. What advice do you have for me?
Links to things we mentioned:
Don’t forget to contact us at email@example.com with your question for our “Hey Plant Trainers” segment!
Do you want to create lifelong healthy eating habits for you or your family? Are you looking to help prevent heart disease, cancer and chronic diseases? Are you looking for guidance with your plant-based nutrition? We can help. If you are serious about getting results, you may be eligible for a FREE 30-minute Skype or phone consultation, where we can help you with your goals NOW. Easily book your session HERE.
Subscribe to Adam’s Journey by clicking here.
We hope you enjoyed this podcast! Please take a moment and leave us a rating and review over on iTunes – we would be grateful! This will help get our podcast out to others who may enjoy it. We promise to read your reviews and consider your feedback. This show is for you.
Help us by spreading the news about our totally awesome Podcast!
Click here for a list of our services