This is always a hit at my table. It’s not even that much work. It gets easier and faster as you roll.
Don’t forget to buy your rice paper spring roll wrappers!
The ones I used were about 5 inches in diameter. I used 20 wrappers and had extra filling to add to a salad the next day.
5 cups of grated purple cabbage
3 grated medium sized carrots
2 tbsp hemp hearts
3 tbsp flax oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt (or add more to taste)
- place the cabbage through the top of the processor with the grating blade in (or by hand)
- grate carrots the same way
- in a blow, mix all ingredients together with a spoon
- cover and let sit for 20 min or overnight in the fridge
- make your tahini sauce while you wait (see the bottom of this post) – You’ll have time to clean up too!
- soak wrapper in very warm water until soft, about 30 seconds
- place wrapper on a flat surface like a cutting board and use a clean towel to dab away access water from the top
- now it is time to start soaking your next wrapper
- place a heaping tablespoon of the slaw filling in the middle of the wrapper
- arrange it so it makes a rectangular shape starting near your belly and ending away from you
- (I like to make my first one with a bit less filling and then add more the next time. This helps me get a feel for how much I can add without the wrap exploding! It depends how good of a wrapping job I am doing that day!)
- gently fold over the the side near your belly and across from you
- gently grab the left or right side and fold over the filling and try to tuck it back under the filling a bit too.
- bring the other side over with a bit of a tug to make the wrap nice and snug
- place the roll seam side down on the serving plate
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh parsley
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy.
~ Plant Trainers
I like to serve this sauce in a martini glass with a dainty spoon. This, of course, is up to you!
Click here for a list of our services