In this episode of The Plant Trainers Podcast we talk to Dave Wiskowski about going from addict to athlete. Dave opens up to us about his struggles with food (food addiction) and alcohol in the past and how he was able to turn his life around in just one evening. While telling his story, he shares his views on how emotions and psychology plays a huge part in transformation. Dave has said “No matter where we find ourselves, we always have the ability to go beyond that point.” He left behind a life of being overweight, sedentary, and potentially chronically ill. He has learned to use love and gratitude to change his life and those around him for the better.
We hope you enjoy the show!
In this episode we discuss:
- The Standard American Diet (SAD)
- Food addiction and alcohol addiction
- Taking control of food addiction
- Making a change and the challenges
- Habit forming behaviors
- Strategies for dealing with addiction
- Becoming plant-based
- Transferring addiction to a positive habit
- Support of family and friends
- Becoming an athlete (ultra-runner)
- Raw diet
Links to things we mentioned:
- Dave Wiskowski – Plant-Based Ultra Runner on Facebook
- Salt, Sugar, Fat – by Michael Moss
- Forks Over Knives
- Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell B. Esselstyn
- Michael Arnstein – Website
- Rich Roll – Website
Don’t forget to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your question for our “Hey Plant Trainers” segment!
Do you want to create lifelong healthy eating habits for you or your family? Are you looking to help prevent heart disease, cancer and chronic diseases? Are you looking for guidance with your plant-based nutrition? We can help. If you are serious about getting results, you may be eligible for a FREE 30-minute Skype or phone consultation, where we can help you with your goals NOW. Easily book your session HERE.
Subscribe to Adam’s Journey by clicking here.
We hope you enjoyed this podcast! Please take a moment and leave us a rating and review over on iTunes – we would be grateful! This will help get our podcast out to others who may enjoy it. We promise to read your reviews and consider your feedback. This show is for you.
Help us by spreading the news about our totally awesome Podcast!
Click here for a list of our services