Over the years our eating style has changed. We used to eat oil with almost every meal, then moved to limited oil and now it’s just about non-existent in our home. So naturally, our latkes recipes have changed as well. One thing that has stayed a constant is making them quickly, easily and without the stovetop frying mess and smell. So if you are oil-free or not, we are sure you’ll enjoy one of these two recipes for the ease and the taste!
These latkes are pretty simple and perfect as a main dish, side dish or a simple snack. They are also perfect for Hannukah! Enjoy these and let us know how you like to prepare your latkes!
- Boiled potatoes
- Pink Himalayan salt, optional.
- Place cooled potatoes (with skin on) in the waffle maker and let sit until crispy.
- This will help you remove it better.
- Top with cashew cream, faux sour cream, applesauce or salsa
With Oil (but you can make it this way without too!)
- Baby potatoes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Boil the baby potatoes until soft (but not too soft)
- Cool them and place them between two clean dish towels
- Press down with the bottom of a glass
- Place some oil on a baking sheet
- Place the smashed potatoes on the oiled baking sheet and brush the tops with some oil
- Bake at 400° until crispy
- No need to flip, no need to fry
- No need to smell like a bubbie’s house
~ Plant Trainers