Do you ever get tired of hummus or chickpea-based dip? Impossible, right?
Being plant-based you put chickpeas in well…everything. Most dips you come across are chickpea based. So we wanted to find an alternative dip to hummus (traditionally made from chickpeas) that was also high in fibre, protein, and yumminess. In walks the smooth texture of the Great Northern Bean to steal the show with a dip like no other. Perfect for crackers, sprouted grain toast and tomato or crudité (that means raw veggies in fancy).
Did you know that replacing beans with animal protein may help reduce cholesterol, help manage blood sugars and promote good gut bacteria? Beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein.
A good tip for bean dips –> Beans blend better and come out smoother when the beans are blended at room temperature rather than when they are cold.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4-1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1 organic can of Great Northern Beans
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- In a food processor or blender, blend garlic, lemon, and salt until the garlic is chopped.
- Push down the sides
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend till smooth
- Transfer to serving dish and top with a sprinkle of paprika or parsley, if you want.