In today’s episode we chat with Matt Frazier of No Meat Athlete. He started out as a university student looking to ambitiously rock a full marathon with some buddies. Despite his delusional goals at the time, he hasn’t stopped running yet. Matt has a website, blog and podcast to help others all over the world create and attain their running goals. There are No Meat Athlete Running groups all over the U.S. and even in Australia. The runners have common nutritional and fitness goals. Matt is also the author of No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self. We hope you enjoy the show. We had a great time recording it.
In this episode we discuss:
- Our quote of the day: “Go fast enough to get there, but slow enough to see.” ~ Jimmy Buffett
- How Matt got into running
- Why Matt became plant-based
- Common mistakes runners make
- How to choose your distance
- Advice for first time racers and runners
- Advice for first time trail runners
- Electronics & Apps
- Adam’s mom’s question: I’m very concerned about the long-term effects of running such long distances & doing triathlons…I’m worried Adam’s hips and knees will need to be replaced eventually – what are your thoughts?
Links to things we mentioned:
Matt’s website: No Meat Athlete
Matt’s Training programs: Roadmaps
Brendan Brazier’s Thrive
Don’t forget to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your question for our “Hey Plant Trainers” segment!
Do you want to create lifelong healthy eating habits for you or your family? Are you looking to help prevent heart disease, cancer and chronic diseases? Are you looking for guidance with your plant-based nutrition? We can help. If you are serious about getting results, you may be eligible for a FREE 30-minute Skype or phone consultation, where we can help you with your goals NOW. Easily book your session HERE.
Subscribe to Adam’s Journey by clicking here.
We hope you enjoyed this podcast! Please take a moment and leave us a rating and review over on iTunes – we would be grateful! This will help get our podcast out to others who may enjoy it. We promise to read your reviews and consider your feedback. This show is for you.
Help us by spreading the news about our totally awesome Podcast!
Click here for a list of our services