This was the perfect plant-based dish to make when I had my family over for brunch. The winter’s day was mild and spring did not feel so far away. This dish combined some favorite foods from Israel in a quinoa crazy kind of way.
This recipe makes a lot! If you are not entertaining, cut it in half.
- 2 cups of uncooked quinoa
- 4 tbsp of minced parsley
- 3 tbsp of minced mint
- 2 tbsp of dried tarragon
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 3 small cucumbers sliced
- about 40 multicolored cherry tomatoes cut in thirds (or red only)
- 1 1/2 cups of pomegranate
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Place the two cups of quinoa in a pot with 4 cups of water. Cover, bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 min. Remove from heat, remove cover, mix and let sit until cooled. It may take a while to cool so I always prepare this a few hours in advance or even the night before.
- Mix parsley, mint, tarragon, salt, pepper and lemon juice into cooled quinoa. (You can also add dressing to taste now, if you are doing this in advance. I serve mine on the side)
- Gently mix in cucumber, tomato, and pomegranate.
- Sprinkle with green onion. I also like to pour a few more tomatoes on top for colour.
- This salad is great on it’s own if you like the light taste of the ingredients coming together is a subtle way.
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup plus a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- Blend all ingredients together and enjoy.
- Add a teaspoon of water at a time and blend again if the consistency is too thick for you.
~ Plant Trainers