Flu season is here. In fact it’s all around us. Everywhere we go people are sneezing and coughing. It’s disgusting. So what do we do about it? Most people get the flu shot (which has been shown to not really be very effective as explained by CBSNews, The Wall Street Journal and many other reports) and the CDC still says that we should get it, but apologizes for people taking this useless vaccine. You can read that article here.
And so…You must be thinking “What? The Chaims get the flu shot? That can’t be.” Well you’re right. We don’t go to the doctor’s office for needles. We make our flu shots at home. An immune boosting natural anti-inflammatory shot in a glass of goodness. That’s what we take.
We mix the magical roots of ginger and turmeric together with garlic, cayenne pepper, and Vitamin C. The pineapple juice has excellent healing properties. Some people prefer to use coconut water as the base as it is more hydrating, has many electrolytes and leaves this drink with a milder flavor. If you are unable to digest garlic, no worries just leave it out.
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 3 cups organic pineapple juice(not from concentrate – or coconut water)
- 1/2 garlic bulb
- 2 tsp fresh raw ginger root (or ginger powder)
- 1 tsp fresh raw turmeric root (or turmeric powder)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Blend all the ingredients together (we use our Vitamix, but you can use any blender – high speed preferred).
- Store it in a mason jar (or other glass jar) for up to one week.
- Makes ~ 4 cups of an awesome natural anti-inflammatory shot.
- Drink a double shot a few times a day when you’re feeling a cold on it’s way or as needed.
~ Plant Trainers
Our recipe was inspired by North America’s Gluten-Free Expert, Kathy Smart.